poniedziałek, 26 marca 2018

Phattcut - Cosmic Hand EP


Release Date: 20 March 2018

I heard about Phattcut in 2014 for the first time thanks to 5:55 netlabel. I still like to listen to the raices ep. I posted about this material on my blog. Next i/o vert last year but it was not my style.
Few days ago Phattcut self released his new EP called Cosmic Hand. It starts quite slowly with weird chords and glitchy beats in Hadrons, then we have Elephant Walk with amazing ethnic percussions and flutes. My favourite track Etna is a trip from downtempo to deep house music. It was a cooperation with Essex. I also recommend his album 'Dualizm' which was released in a digibook with a special story written to his music. I'd really like to hear a whole material like 'Etna'. It remainded me of Cotton Claws 'Elusive' EP which I bought last year from Cascade Records bandcamp page.
Kalimfa slows down for a moment just to drop dubstep like drums onto these ambient, orchestral bells (or whatever they are) used in the song. In Kambo we can hear again some ethnic broken beats with flutes and vocals that sounds like taken straight from the hearth of Africa.

Highly recommended. I hope we will see a physical version soon.

Tracklist:
1. Hadrons 03:13
2. Elephant Walk 03:29
3. Etna w/ Essex 03:56
4. Kalimfa 02:59
5. Kambo 03:37

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz